Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thierry Cafe




Thierry located at 1059 Alberni Street. The newest creation by Chef Thierry, the patisserie of the Cin Cin and West restaurant group. The place to showcase his chocolate and dessert creations.





We chose to try the assorted macarons. At over $11 for 7, these are some expensive macarons. In comparison to some that we have tried at other bakeries and restaurants, I have to say these are very exquisite. For the fruit flavored ones, there is a little preserve sandwiched inside the macaron.

I enjoy the fruit flavors over the chocolate as the chocolate caramel that I tried was still on the sweet side, although not nearly as sweet as some I have tried before. The macaron itself was light, airy and delicate to the touch.



I tried the mocha offered and realized that they did not use liquid chocolate as Farbourg does, so it was not a very satisfying mocha give its size and price.

As we were only here briefly we did not have time to try the other desserts offered here. I have to say that visually the desserts looked better than the pastries, but I will have to come back and try both of them before I can make judgement.

What I like, the cozy atmosphere and the dessert display

What I did not like, the specialty coffees are expensive compared to all the other coffee shops in the area. Based just on the mocha I tried, I did not find the coffee strength or flavor to match its price point.



No comments:

Post a Comment