Friday, August 19, 2011

Nu Greek food cart




Nu Greek opened a few weeks ago on Granville and Georgia Street. When I arrived at lunch time there was a line of about 5 people in front of me.

Thanks to a coupon deal I was able to try this newest street cart addition. The service was slow for a food cart, the line of 5 people in front of me made this a close to 20 minute wait.

The souvlaki wrap choices include chicken or lamb. Your choices are simple as toppings only included tomatoes or onions with the tzaziki sauce. For my version I chose only tomatoes. The Greek style pita is thick and fluffy. IMO the lamb souvlaki was over seasoned and way too salty. Even when combined with the pita, the saltiness overpowers all the other favors. They were very generous on the tzaziki sauce. The sauce had a little too much garlic for my tastes, but the sauce does help to offset the saltiness of the meat.

At 6.50, the lack of vegetables and lettuce in the wrap make this seem overpriced. La Brassiere operates across the street and offers their burger at the same price point. lthough they have a really good location, close to the granville skytrain station, I have to say I probably would not come back here. With so many food carts downtown, competition is fierce. Although at a reasonable price point, I do not think their flavors are distinct enough for me to revisit.

I liked the location. Lamb is a hard to find street vendor ingredient.

I did not like the over salted meat and the lack of lettuce in the wrap.






No comments:

Post a Comment