Thursday, February 2, 2012

My version of guu seafood pizza

The last time I was at Guu with Garlic, I tried their scallop pizza and found the taste inspiring. Instead of a tomato based sauce, this used a Japanese Mayo instead. The pizza uses a regular crust but the creamier mayo and cheese combination was what I fell in love with.



My version of this pizza dawned on me the other night as I was making dinner. This takes literally less than 10 minutes to assemble and 5 minutes to cook.

Ingredients:
  • Trader Joe's Naan Masala
  • Japaneese Mayo
  • Sharp cheddar cheese
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • Seafood of your choice. I used some small squid pieces, but any other seafood will do.

Grate the cheese finely , for the 2 pieces of naan I used about 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar and a little more to sprinkle on top. Add in about 3 tablespoons of mayo, and some fresh ground pepper and mix well. Add more mayo if needed. You just need enough to bind everything together.

Spread a thin layer of the mayo cheese mixture on the naan, add your seafood, and then finish with a sprinkle of cheese.

Put it into the toaster oven on the broil feature until seafood is cooked and cheese melted, around 5 minutes.

A meal in 15 minutes!! I like using the Naan masala a the stronger flavor holds up to the sharp chedder while adding its own favor to the dish.

This is a fool proof recipe that I will defintitely use again. You can also try other types of cheeses, but nothing too heavy as that would overpower all the seafood. I love how versatile the japanese mayo and cheese base works with all sorts of ingredients.

Thank you Guu for this meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment