Monday, September 19, 2011

Cattle Cafe 牛仔餐廳

Cattle cafe located at 4885 Kingsway in Burnaby.

This restaurant was formerly a death by chocolate. First impression is that it is very small. I came here early for lunch on a Sunday morning.

The menu is that of a Hong Kong style cafe and gives the atmosphere of a bubble tea place.

Apart from the make your own noodle combo, all the other menu items are very standard for a Hong Kong style cafe

My noodle and hot drink combo was 7.50. I like the large portions. The noodle was cooked just right, slightly chewy, a sign that this was not sitting in a pot somewhere for a long time. The fish stock soup base was light but had good flavor and most importantly no MSG. I like that they have the non MSG option, although there were only 3 choices, compared to the other 8.

What I liked:

  • Small and cozy location
  • Clean and welcoming design
  • Fast service

What I did not like:

  • Parking area is small and the entrance is difficult to find
  • Tight sitting not suited for large parties or small children
  • Menu is plain
This place warrants another visit to try its other menu items.




No comments:

Post a Comment