Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thousand layer cake - Cramberry flavour

Cranberry Thousand Layer Cake


This cranberry thousand layer cake was a find from my last trip to Malaysia. The bakery, called Lavender creates traditional baked goods with a modern twist. This particular thousand layer cake has dried cranberries included in the layers.


Although named thousand layer cake, this particular one has around 20 layers. Known for its rich flavor, this type of cake is impossible to find here, as it is very labor intensive.

Made predominantly with egg yokes, this is definitely not a heart healthy dessert. If you every get a chance to try this I would greatly recommend it, the flavor is not like any other cake that you have tasted. The cranberry flavored one I had here has a nice tart kick from the cranberries that is perfect with a cup of tea.

Next time if I find a manageable recipe I will definitely try to make this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment